2019 Los Angeles Organ Festival Announced
The 12th Annual Los Angeles Presidents’ Day Organ Festival will be held at four area churches in the Palos Verdes Estates and Redondo Beach communities, featuring four organs and seven performers, plus a lecture.
The all-day event is Monday, February 18, 2019. All performances are free admission, and all are welcome to attend any portion of the Festival throughout the day.
The American Guild of Organists Los Angeles Chapter is pleased to present the following AGO-member performers:
- Adam Brakel, Director of Music for the Diocese of Orlando, Florida and St. James Cathedral
- Adam Ferrara, Music Accompanist, United Methodist Church of Vista
- Philip Hoch, Doctoral organ student at UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music
- Dr. James Hurd, Organist/Director of Music, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Redondo Beach and faculty at El Camino College
- Dr. Hyunju Hwang, Organist, St. Francis Episcopal Church, Palos Verdes Estates
- Melody Jan, Organ Scholar at First Congregational Church of Los Angeles
- Dr. Thomas Joyce, Minister of Keyboard Music, Trinity Episcopal Church, Santa Barbara and faculty at Westmont College and Santa Barbara City College
A lecture will be presented by organ builder Manuel Rosales, founder of Los Angeles-based Rosales Organ Builders.
Four pipe organs are featured:
- The 1967 Reuter organ at St. Francis Episcopal Church, Palos Verdes Estates
- The 1999 Glatter-Gotz/Rosales organ at Neighborhood Church, Palos Verdes Estates
- The Austin organ at Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, Redondo Beach
- The 1969 Reuter organ at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Redondo Beach
Complete details, including the schedule of performances, at the Festival web site: www.LAorganfestival.com.